Meet the Doctor
Dr. Paul M Thaxton, M. D., F.A.C.O.G., Diplomat of A.B.O.M. Founder & Medical Director
- Board-Certified American college of obstetrics and gynecology
- Fellow of the American college of obstetrics and gynecology
- Diplomate: American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Past clinical assistant professor of OB/GYN at the Medical College of Georgia (MCG)
- Chosen by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America several times
- Honored in the annual Augusta Magazine Best of Augusta
- Honored with the Resident’s Teacher of the Year Award
- Awarded the W.G. Watson award as most outstanding Chief Resident during his residency at MCG
Health care is really a misnomer. It is more about Sick care than Health care. Most physicians are trained to diagnose and treat disease and illness. Physicians are not taught disease prevention and most receive absolutely no nutritional education.
As a Bariatric Specialist, Dr. Thaxton has developed his own unique approach to weight loss and the many personal issues that accompany being overweight.
Being Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Thaxton had many patients ask him how to lose weight. Having no background into the real science of how to lose weight, Dr. Thaxton began his journey of medical research, learning, education,and training many years ago to address the concerns of his patients. He understands the challenges his patients face from his own experience in losing weight and keeping it off, as well as the many patients he has helped achieve their goals. He is convinced that prevention is far better intervention.
With his compassionate and inspirational guidance, you too can finally succeed your goal achieving balance and well-being. Why wait to look and feel your best? Call for an appointment to find out how you can reach your goal of better health, renewed energy, improved self-confidence and self-esteem and overall well-being.