Meet the Doctor
Dr. Paul M Thaxton, M. D., F.A.C.O.G., A.B.O.M.
Founder & Medical Director
- Board-Certified by The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diplomate: American Board of Obesity Medicine
- Past clinical assistant professor of OB/GYN at the Medical College of Georgia (MCG)
- Chosen by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America several times
- Honored in the annual Augusta Magazine Best of Augusta
- Honored with the Resident’s Teacher of the Year Award several times
- Awarded the W.G. Watson award as the most outstanding Chief Resident during his residency at MCG
Health care is really a misnomer. It is focused more on Sick care than Health care. Physicians are well trained to diagnose and treat disease and illness. However, they receive little to no education about disease prevention and most receive absolutely no nutritional education.
As a Medical Bariatric Specialist, Dr. Thaxton has developed his own unique state-of-the-art approach to weight loss and the many personal issues that accompany overweight and obesity.
Being Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr.Thaxton had many patients ask him how to lose weight over the years. Having received no formal background into the real science of how to lose weight, he began his journey of medical research, learning, education, and training many years ago to address the concerns of his patients. He understands the challenges his patients face from his own experience in losing weight and keeping it off, as well as his real-life experience helping patients achieve their weight loss and health goals. He is convinced that prevention is far better than intervention.
With his compassionate and inspirational guidance, you too can finally succeed at your goal of achieving optimal health and well-being. Why wait to look and feel your best? Call for an appointment at 706-922-1717 to find out how you can reach your goal of better health, renewed energy, improved self-confidence along with improved self-esteem and restored health.