Your Initial Visit
During your initial visit to Advanced Medical Weight Loss Augusta, you will undergo a complete history and physical examination. We will measure your vital signs, calculate your body mass index and measure your hips and waist.
We will also draw basic laboratory studies to evaluate health markers such as complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic profile, thyroid function tests and lipid profiles to evaluate your hemoglobin, blood chemistries, thyroid function, kidney, pancreatic, and liver function.
We will perform a computerized weight and body composition analysis using our new state-of-the-art equipment which offers multiple metrics including the percentage of lean body mass versus body fat mass present in each of your four extremities and trunk. These measurements help us better understand your weight-related health risks and help you track your progress through your custom-designed weight loss program.
During this visit we will also take a picture of you. Most of our patients enjoy comparing that photograph with ones taken later in their weight loss program. It can be a very rewarding comparison.
During your first visit:
- Allow 60-90 minutes for the visit
- Our nurse will take your vital signs
- We will conduct a computerized weight and body composition analysis with our Advanced InBody Technology
- We will calculate your BMI and take your body measurements
- We will take a blood sample to determine your overall health and physiological function (if indicated)
- An EKG will be performed, if indicated, at the doctor's discretion.
- We will take a photo to document your starting point in the program
- You will enjoy a foundational educational presentation that will give you a basic understanding of the science of how to lose weight safely and keep it off.
Please do not eat or drink anything (other than water) after 10 p.m. on the evening prior to your lab work.